How to clean your gold jewellery by hand.
Caring for your jewelry
All jewellery will tarnish over time, tropical climates with a lot of moisture will tarnish your gold jewellery at a faster rate. Keep pieces in a ziplock or if like us you prefer the sustainable way a cloth pouch to avoid tarnishing. Never spray perfumes or put oils directly onto your gold jewellery. We always suggest putting on moisturizer or perfume before jewellery.
Cleaning your jewelry
Prepare - a bowl, a soft brush (an old toothbrush will do), dishwashing liquid or baking soda and warm water
1. Fill the bowl with warm water (avoid hot water)
2. Add in and dissolve dishwasher detergent or baking soda
3. Put your jewellery in the bowl and leave for 10-15 mins*
4. Use a soft brush (a soft brush is best because a hard brush may scratch your gold jewellery)
5. Remove the jewellery and place on a towel
6. Run the soft brush gently across your gold jewellery especially cleaning hard to reach areas
7. Rinse by running under the tap in the sink
8. Pat Dry and leave to dry naturally on the towel
Voila your jewellery should look sparkling and as good as new!
*Be careful of using any water on jewellery with glued trims or clawed stones - you may dislodge crystals etc so reduce the amount of time accordingly or do not leave in the bowl at all. To be cautious add some water to your old brush and run the brush gently across the piece. If in doubt or you have an expensive piece we recommend you contact a professional.